Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun...
I drove up to South Dakota, ok that part wasn't much fun, but anyway... Everyone was gathering at my paternal Grandma's house and spent a few days just hanging out and playing cards with cousins and uncles and aunts. Now when I say everyone, you have to realize that my dad had 10 brothers and sisters, who in turn have spouses and children, and some grandchildren. In short, a small family get together for them is when only six or seven families can make it. Six or seven families may sound small, but when you extrapolate out to spouses and grandkids that's easily thirty people.

I swear Grandma should teach seminars on effective time management. With that many relatives around you would think things would get super crazy and disorganized, however they've all been doing this so long that everyone seemed to know what to do, when to do it, and how long to do it for in order to make sure everything worked out great. From apple pies and turkey to Black Friday shopping and all night board games this vacation was really a lot of laid back fun and I can't wait for the next time I'm up there.