Monday, November 05, 2007

So I'm in an apartment and planning to buy a house in a few months. I just got back to the states and have had to buy all new (to me anyway) furniture. All I can say is thank God for craigslist... At this point I have held off on buying a bedroom set because 1) I don't want to shell out that kind of dough and then not have it fit in my bedroom when I buy the house, and 2) I'm trying to keep the amount of big stuff I have to move from here to there to a minimum.

Long story short, I'm tired of living out of luggage so I broke down and bought a ratty old chest of drawers for $50. Now I probably could have left it to it's spider-infested, nicotine-stained, rattyness, but I figured it would be a good learning experience to give those spiders the what old for, sand off at least the top few coats of primer, then finish it up nice and fancy like. In theory, the end product will have a pattern a bit like this one, but with a lighter base coat.