Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Well, it's been an interesting few days...

(You know, it occured to me just now that the elipsis is probably my favorite punctuation mark, but I digress...)

As I was saying, I went down town this weekend and got a bit of information on theaters and it turns out they are just about to start their fall season. Also I stopped by the outdoor programing center is base. Immagine my surprise to find that they not only rent a lot of different gear, but have a 12 climbing wall that runs about fourty feet and has two arches. Because you can never be higher than 12 feet, there's no need for belaying (sp?) gear, and it's only $2 an hour. They were almost closed when I got there today, but I'm already making plans to try it out for lunch tomorrow. I also signed up for their mailing list of upcomming events. They have a lot of ski/snowboard trips but what really got me excited was a climbing trip and a backpacking trip that they do once a year. The climbing trip is for somewhere out in Colorado and consists of 16 hours over two days and isn't until next June, while the backpacking trip is much longer and spread over easier terrain and a number of days.

The guy at outdoor programming also told me about this great biking trail just south of the base. It's supposed to be a pretty good trail for getting into shape, which is exactly what I need right now. I've been doing a lot of running, but would like to mix it up a bit and this looks like just the ticket.

Like I said, it's been an interesting few days...