Sunday, October 07, 2007

I've been in Oklahma City for a week now and have decided that while it may be a bit premature to say that this place has no soul, it would seem to either be extremely small or very well hidden... This place seems to be the stepford wife of citites. On the surface everything is normal hustle and bustle, but if you push past that there just doesn't seem to be anything culturally substantive beneath. I'd like to believe that I'm wrong, and that I just haven't chanced to stumble across kindred spirits, but the longer I'm here the more likely it seems that perhaps those spirits do not, in fact, exist.

I find myself with a lot of extra time on my hands these days and have decide to start back into working out and check out a martial arts school that teaches Tukong. If those guy's don't pan out, there's a place that teaches fencing, and that would just be fun. The base gym here is pretty nice, and they have a great running trail on base. I ran a couple of miles a few days ago and made it 6.5 today. I also went tried out a church this morning that is located a few miles down the road from where I'll be renting for the next few months. It's a non-denominational church, and although the cameras (apparently they televise their services) kinda wierded me out the message was pretty good.