Monday, February 09, 2009

When I say that I was covered in drywall dust, what you need to understand is that it seriously looked like I had just finished wrestling a mountain lion in a vat of powdered sugar. On the up side of the equation I am now fairly adept at using a roto-zip to retrofit replacement pieces of drywall onto an existing ceiling.

I've been helping a friend work on his house, and today's project was taking down part of the bathroom ceiling that had a bit of mold. (Yes, we fixed the leak first). He began earlier in the day, by the time I got there the entire room is covered with blown insulation and little odd shaped chunks of drywall where he just got in their with a pry bar and took care of business. Two hours, three huge bags of trash and one light bulb later, I decided to call it a night and headed home to scrub the dust off.