Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rollin Rollin Rollin...

Rollin Rollin Rollin
Keep that treadmill rollin
Though my ankles' swollen
Rawhide


I've rolled my ankle about two weeks ago and have been taking it easy on the PT ever since. I finally decided that I couldn't take sitting around anymore and have started running again at a fairly slow speed. My ankle doesn't hate it so far and is for the most part behaving itself so well that I'm tempted to start running at slightly higher speeds. Of course the second I do that I'll roll it again, probably while on the high speed treadmill, and will be right back to where I was when I first hurt it.

The good thing that has come out of this is that I've been trying to lose weight while over here and for the two weeks that I've been pretty much doing nothing my weight has remained relatively stable. That is to say that while I haven't lost any more weight I haven't gained any more either... I take that as a good sign that I lost it the right way and am encouraged to press on and see if I can't hit the 170s before I leave here.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.