Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The best thing happened yesterday...

This guy has owed me 15 bucks for about a month now. I've reminded him several times (in case he forgot the previous times) but he claimed to never have the cash on him. It was to the point where I was considering alternative options to gentle reminders when this parable from the bible hit me.

In a nutshell there was this moderately well off servant who owed the boss a lot of cash. The time to pay came and the servant didn't have it so he begged the boss to forgive him of the debt. Being the nice guy that he is the boss forgave the servant who promptly went out and found this other servant who owed him a little bit of money and demanded it on the spot. The other servant couldn't pay right away so the servant who had loaned him the money had him arrested and thrown in a debtors prison. The other servants found this out and of course turned him in to the big boss who was like "O yeah" and you can about imagine what happened from there.

My point is this. Towards the beginning of the month I found a huge amount of cash that has yet to be claimed in spite of my efforts to reunite it with it's owner. At this point it's pretty much mine unless someone comes out of the blue to claim it. The amount this guy owes me is petty compared to the amount that pretty much just fell into my lap so why was I being so adamant about his paying it back in a timely manner. I decided not to worry about ever getting it back and even prayed that God would take care of it so I didn't have think about it any more.

Shortly after waking up that morning this guy found me with cash in hand to settle the debt. Now tell me that isn't just cool.