Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Well, I got here in one piece and walked into the USO just in time to catch the best part of the Superbowl! As you might imagine it was crowded with servicemen (and women) but oddly enough nobody spoke, the place was keenly silent with most of them literally on the edge of their seats as the end of the fourth quarter played out. To me the social interactions going on were even more interesting than the game. Most of the guy's were pro Patriots, but here and there in little pockets you'd have these die-hard Giants fans. The interesting part would happen after a great play when all of New England's fans would be grinding their teeth in disgust while one of the more boysterous New York fans would jump up, fist clenched at the tube and scream "take that suckas!", or other sailor type words to that effect. He did this a couple of times and although nobody ever clobbered him for real, if looks alone could do it he'd have been a goner many times over.
Nothing much else to report on. It's great to be back on a Navy base, although God definitely has a sens of humor about how my class is composed. I'd say 60 percent of my class are officers and another 10 percent are E-7 or higher. Talk about being a Hebrew in Egypt, I haven't tread this lightly since I was in bootcamp surrounded by RDC's. (Navy Drill Sergeants)
At any rate, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.